Sunday, February 04, 2007

M. Gellman, 1969, Physics

I wanted to write a long, eloquent post this morning, but I am utterly brain dead.

So, I will say a mere, "Internet, I have an announcement to make!"

Clears throat.

J and I got engaged over the weekend!

And it was awesome, and totally unexpected (For me. J knew.)

It happened on Saturday, in Manhattan, which was perfect.

I had a feeling about two minutes before he asked, and I became so nervous that I started babbling about the monument in the center of Theodore Roosevelt Park: "J, um, what's up? Did you know that in 1969, M. Gellman won the Nobel Prize in Physics?" Which was almost immediately followed by, "Will you marry me?"

Pretty romantic, no?

I kid. It was the most romantic proposal in the history of proposals, in my opinion.

We were on our way to the American Museum of Natural History, but we were too excited to enter after all the "let's spend the rest of our lives together" insanity. So we went to the bar, as you do. And we sipped half-price drinks and talked about the future. We also made a pact not to be one of those couples that only ever talk about their wedding every time you see them socially.

So next time we run into each other, Internet, and I fail to notice that your eyes are glazing over as I prattle on about "registries" and such, please know that I had the best of intentions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! i love you both :) - Allie! Lets see if we can rethink the whole destination wedding, huh?