Friday, February 16, 2007

Get Back To Work, Faithless Heathens

This week has been delightful, as I haven't had to travel one day! Of course, after this week, I travel every single day (before and after and during vacation), but let's not think about that now.

Anyway, I am working from my home office, but not quite, because the phone line has actually been installed in the dining room. So, I am working from the dining room, until I can hijack J's car and drag my lazy, home-working ass to Best Buy to get some sort of wireless phone device. I believe we used to call this type of phone "cordless." Technology. Simply stunning.

Man, I digress today! I actually have been more productive in the home office than I ever was in Chelsea, but perhaps that's because I had Chipotle and the 5th Avenue shops to distract me.

Fuck, I miss Chipotle.

Severe, severe ADD today. But here is what my days have looked like:

  • J, grudgingly rising from bed at just before 6, and asking what time I'd like the alarm set for? 7 AM, I reply sleepily.
  • Snooze.
  • Snooze.
  • Snooze.
  • Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • I'm up, damnit! 8 AM. Fuck - conference call! And I've got Melissa Morning Voice!
  • I sound like a man.
  • I have not brushed my teeth.
  • Nor have I put my contacts in.
  • Nor have I showered.
  • It is fun to dissect corporate politics in your fuzzy blue bathrobe from the Gap.
  • Trust me.
  • Dawson's Creek on DVR and some lunch anyone?
  • Mmmm... Pacey.
  • What is Joshua Jackson up to these days anyway?
  • Let's take a look at IMDB...
  • And some blogs, for good measure.
  • By the beard of Zeus! www.lisawhelchel.com
  • Why are all of our favorite 80s sitcom stars so rigidly conservative and Christian? (Kirk Cameron, I'm talking to you.)

Oh man, I can't even concentrate long enough to continue this ill-conceived list. I must bid you adieu and get back to work. And shower at some point.

Have a blissful weekend, y'all. I'll be running around like a madwoman attempting to prepare for Thailand, as well as drinking heavily at Grace's on Saturday night. Here's to v. adult dinner parties and Miller Lite! Cheers.

4 comments:

Bobby D. said...

Hi,

I answered your Q. on my blog but I just wanted to say you cannot go wrong with S&S. it can be difficult to find, so when you find it, buy two.

Anonymous said...

Jack cant talk Thai! oh, yes, Dina, Jack talk Thai, Jack talk Thai very well. -A

Anonymous said...

You don't list Lionel Richie as a favorite artist in your profile?

Calling me out in my own crib when I changed a Lionel lovers song during a party?

I thought you were once, twice, three times a lady but now I've found you are nothing but easy on Sunday mornings.

Girl, fix that shit.

Anonymous said...

I thought for sure i would come on here and there would be a farewell blog before your trip! i see how it is. -A