Monday, August 30, 2010

Emmys Dis Lost, But Look at Me Liking Jimmy Fallon!


Admittedly, I am tearing up watching Modern Family accept the Emmy for Best Comedy Series. It's a seriously phenomenal show; and did you see Manny's outfit? That little man is sharp.


A few notes:


  • Stop nominating The Office, Academy. Let them work for it again, for JC's sake. This last season reeked.

  • I am sure Mad Men is a fantastic show. I bet it's smart, sexy, and cleverly-written. (I also bet it's extremely misogynistic, but I've never seen it, so I must withhold judgment.) And? This Jon Hamm person is incredibly rugged and handsome. But... how could you shun Lost, Academy? What did Damon and Carlton ever do to you? Has any show in the history of television garnered such a voracious and loyal fan-base? This is a show that seeped into the hearts and minds of viewers. It was stunning, and you did the actors (Matthew Fox, Terry O'Quinn, and Michael Emerson) a grave disservice. For shame.

  • Glee! And best opening for any awards show ever? Or was that just me? (I deduct points for Kate Gosselin's involvement. Sweet Jesus, that woman has no comedic chops. I wish Tina Fey would have sucker-punched her. Now that's funny!)

  • Betty White! A friend of a friend believes that with every Golden Girl passing, Betty just gets that much stronger. That woman is a force, y'all. I want to be that relevant at 88.

  • Ricky. Gervais.

  • I am done with True Blood, but Alexander Skarsgard is delicious. (And a Swede! This makes him my new boyfriend.)

  • I do love me some Jim Parsons. Bazinga. J and I are forever trying to convince people to watch The Big Bang Theory. I don't know anyone who does, but it is certainly a great time.

Did y'all watch? Thoughts? Anyone want to consider writing a pilot with me? I think we should be there next year. If Kate Gosselin gets to go? I want in.



6 comments:

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

haha i like your commentary. i have to disagree with mad men tho (which i love) but i totally understand what you mean about lost (it was/still is huuuge).

and the office did suck last season, which makes me very sad.

also - i love Cam.

Sarah Kurpel said...

I spent all of my maternity leave DVRing Late Night. Me thinks that Fallon character is funny.

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

i was so mortified at January Jones' dress i barely noticed the rest of the show. seriously. oh and i really want to see Temple Grandin now.

and i'm totally in for writing a pilot. i've got some serious black humor roamin' through my brain.

In This Style said...

Tina Fey is my hero.

I've seen very little of Mad Men, but what I have seen has been incredibly good. Very true to the era it portrays (as hard as that is for some of us modern viewers to swallow). I never got into Lost.

Can't wait for Glee to come back. Seriously. Have you watched Parenthood? It's a goodie.

MrsKinne said...

"Bazinga!" is a commonly-used word in the Kinne house. )

And, I totally agree about the opening. It was fabulous... but, really? Kate Gosselin?

Homevalley said...

Claire - I know I would like Mad Men if I watched it, but I just can't make that kind of commitment right now. Someday...

Sarah K - I never really gave him a chance, but he was hilarious...

MB Sarah - HAHA. Yes, the dress was something else. I thought Paquin's was worse though. Let's totally write a pilot. We'll be like George and Jerry pitching to NBC.

In This Style - J said, "Tina Fey should just be in everything. She makes everything better." Word. And GLEE! Can't wait. I haven't seen Parenthood... I am trying to limit the TV now that the little one is here.

Mrs. Kinne - RIGHT?? Kate Gosselin. Ugh.