I am suddenly this really lame yet completely lovable girl who misses her boyfriend terribly when he goes away for debauchery-filled bachelor party weekends.
And I did have good intentions for my alone time, and even created a list, y'all, of things I planned to do. Here is what I accomplished:
- Got yelled at by irate cab driver who was horribly resentful that I forced him to drive to Queens.
- Yelled back.
- Did not tip cab driver and slammed door with all my force as I struggled to get my bags out of cab before he took off, tires screeching.
- Apologized to boss, who was still on the other end of my cell, amused at the exchange.
- Muttered, "I fucking hate New York."
- Consumed 1.2 bottles of pinot noir.
- Danced around gloriously messy apartment to Beyonce's "Deja vu."
- Visited picturesque Astoria Park twice and ran (a bit) and hiked (a lot).
- Got much-needed pedicure, complete with bright red toenails.
- Ordered prints from Greece.
- Neglected to pick up prints from Greece.
- Ate three bites of delicious, low-fat mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- In drunken stupor, placed ice cream in fridge overnight.
- Refroze ice cream. Bad idea.
- Shopped in SoHo.
- Saw Little Miss Sunshine, and awwww.
- Slept with cell phone clasped in hand.
- Whined something fierce when J called at 1:30 AM on Friday night.
- Answered trivia questions about J at 1:30 AM on Saturday night when friend of J called from bachelor party.
- Got two out of three trivia questions wrong.
- Watched four episodes of Sex and the City. Contemplated titling this post: "I couldn't help but wonder..."
- Realized that I need to see boyfriend, at very least, once per week. Discovered going without could potentially bring out psycho hose beast within me.
- Watched a reprehensible woman and her absurdly repugnant mother plan a wedding on Bridezillas. I'll never get that hour back.
- Teleconferenced with Allie during Teen Choice Awards.
- Had mixed feelings about K-Fed performance. Have definitely gone insane.
I remain hopeful that the upcoming week, and weekend, will restore my fabulousness and stimulate the creative juices. Stay tuned!