I give you a FB treat!
25 Things, Y'all ( Written back in February. You're welcome.)
1. Meiko is playing on my iPod right now. I tend to love her.
2. I believe seeing Damien Rice in concert is a religious experience. If you have ever heard him play "I Remember", then you know what I'm talking about.
3. Of course, I also almost cried during the New Kids reunion concert. The ten-year old kid in me was completely overwhelmed and nostalgic.
4. I have kept a journal since I learned to write.
5. Recently, my mama found a diary from my 9th year. In one entry, I wrote: "If you ask me, all men are silly like that. Except maybe the New Kids!" Obviously, I was very astute.
6. I come from a beautifully-blended family chock full of six brothers and sisters in total. I love all of my siblings dearly; they are each so different and talented and funny as all get-out. (Shout-out, dudes!)
7. I am mostly ridiculously happy in life, except for brief moments of insanity that my husband handles with great aplomb.
8. Speaking of my husband: he is very cute, caring, and also gives the best hugs. I can't believe he agreed to take me on some days.
9. In the soundtrack of my life, the most important songs are: The Professor, by Damien Rice; Shimmer, by Fuel; Defying Gravity from Wicked; More Than Words, by Extreme; and Let Go, by Frou Frou. In some way, each changed me, or the trajectory of my life.
10. I snapped a picture of myself voting for Obama, and I saved all of Time's commemorative election issues for my future babies. I just know I did something important for them.
11. I am incredibly sentimental. (See #9.) (Also #10.)
12. I can't tolerate intolerance, which is ironic, huh?
13. I was raised Catholic, but I'm still searching. At Westminster Abbey last week, the Evensong program said something akin to "whatever faith you are, whether you are searching or not, you're welcome here." It was like a breath of fresh air.
14. Two weeks ago, addressing a group of 50 or so colleagues in a meeting, I uttered the phrase "deeper penetration." I immediately thought: "That's what she said." I still don't know how I kept it together.
15. Last night I watched the film Milk in my hotel room and cried like a baby. Have you seen it yet? You should.
16. I am obsessed with traveling. I am constantly planning new trips in my brain and ticking off places I must visit before I die.
17. I hate to fly, and last year I logged more than 50 flights. I am getting really good at faking it though.
18. That's what she said.
19. In the fourth grade, my brother and I walked into school and saw a huge sign that read: "Lordy Lordy, Ms. Egan's 40!" Seriously, 20 years later? Still stuck in my head. I say it constantly.
20. I luuurrrve to read. I prefer it to most other things.
21. My plan is to be a novelist. Now, I just need to plan to write that first damn book.
22. I idolize Indra Nooyi, Doris Kearns Goodwin, and Robin Roberts (is she not the most ebullient person you've ever seen?).
23. I thought I had perfected my clipped English accent in London last week, when a new Brit friend told me I really should stop shouting "Cheers, mate!" to everyone I saw. I asked him what I had to do, then, to sound authentic, and he replied, "Well, for starters, try being born in ENGLAND." Touche, Brad. Touche.
24. I am ever so grateful for my friends and family, who keep me laughing constantly. I can't believe how much my girlfriends and I laugh when we're together. It's a beautiful thing.
25. And now we end with India.Arie on the old iPod, "A Beautiful Day". It's happy music. Cheers, mates.