Monday, July 09, 2007

Things.

Working on a new project, which will be revealed in due time. Hey, did you want to hear what J and I did this weekend?
  • Acquired bikes, thanks to my most generous Uncle in rural Pennsylvania. They are only on loan, but since bikes are so G.D. expensive, it is a benevolent gift bestowed upon my ravaged, potentially-thousands-of-dollars-over-our-wedding-budget soul.
  • Packed a backpack with water and requisite granola bars (physical exercise makes me famished) and rode like the wind down Kelly Drive, around the Art Museum, and back on the Drive Formerly Known As West River. Did not hit one biker, but was passed. A lot. I tried not to take that too personally.
  • Watched The Bourne Identity (fabulous) and The Da Vinci Code (again). Each featured tension-laden car chases through the Parisian streets. Yearned for a stay at Hotel Regina and croissants. Someday...
  • Saw a children's swim meet. Thought possibly I should take up the sport. Ate hot dogs and fries as I mulled this over on a blanket in the grass.
  • Booked a last minute flight to Chicago for next Tuesday. Just because I had a free ticket that expires on July 24; and I have never been to Chicago. Imagined myself singing in a parade and taking in a game at Wrigley Field; perhaps traveling to the top of the Sears Tower and meeting the Sausage King of Chicago. Wait...
  • Finished watching the first season of House. My crush on Hugh Laurie continues to intensify. Also, medical school? A viable option for me?
  • Finished this book (alright, I finished it last weekend. But it was so brilliant, so heart-wrenching, I thought you should give it a try).
  • Started this book, just because I find the Fifties riveting. This makes me a huge geek. I am alright with that.
  • Cleaned. Really! J says we can get a cat as soon as I vacuum the house every day for a year. This will never, ever happen. But once-a-week is definitely a step in the right direction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait until you see the Bourne Supremacy! good stuff. - A

Homevalley said...

Question: Is this the best my Matthew has ever looked in any film? I vote yes.

Anonymous said...

Well, you have not seen Rounders. He is smokin in that too... -A