Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fifteen Things.

Hi! I never blog anymore! And like three of you have asked me "wassup?" But it is just life, y'all. Life is long. And busy. And challenging. So! Here is what is new with me!

(Exclamation points!)




  1. Hank turned one. You saw the video. He's awesome and charming and swell. More on that later.



  2. Break out your backpack and Trapper Keeper: THIS GIRL will be attending University of Texas at Arlington in the fall. I will be getting my MBA, finally. (No, I am not sure yet what I am going to do with said MBA. But it will be mine - all mine!)



  3. I am done with grad school applications and the humbling process of soliciting recommendations from former employers. Huzzah.



  4. Visitors! J's mom, J's dad, J's sister and husband. Hosting is a blast but time-consuming. It's mostly just figuring out food: when we will eat? What will we eat? What will Hendrik eat? What time do we need to leave so that Hendrik is not hungry and/or sleepy? It is probably not acceptable to order pizza every night, but I may try it next week when my mom arrives for a TWO WEEK visit. Stay tuned.



  5. I seriously wish I still had my Trapper Keeper. I would organize the hell out of those folders.



  6. They still sell Caboodles make-up organizers, and nothing else, apparently. I just want an organizational caddy for my make-up that is not a bag that gets all gnarly from cracked blush cases and loose powder everywhere that doesn't make me feel like a twelve-year old girl and is not a clear plastic box that costs $20, Target. Get on this.



  7. Where was I going with this?



  8. The house is coming along quite nicely. Photos to come. Every surface has been painted; popcorn ceilings have been demolished (RIP early 90s); and many, many fixtures and bathrooms have been updated. We're loving this place.



  9. We've been slathering on the 100 SPF and spending countless hours in the pool. Having a pool is alternately terrifying (babies!) and remarkably decadent. We enjoy.



  10. It's seriously about 100 degrees here, everyday.



  11. It really is the humidity.



  12. The phone on my iPhone inexplicably stopped working last week, and after many attempts at troubleshooting, I have no choice but to schedule an appointment at the Apple "Genius" Bar. This frightens me; all of those people clamoring around all of that technology in that place! And yet, I still want an iPad. Go figure.



  13. I have been meeting lots of nice mamas here through a mom's league. We've joined a playgroup and there is no shortage of fun (and often free) activities for the wee ones. We've hit up the Fort Worth zoo; the Southlake Library for story time; Safari Park; the Fort Worh Children's Museum; and several playgrounds. I have subsequently decided that this is the most child-friendly city in America. Win!



  14. I've signed up for the Dallas White Rock Half-Marathon, because I don't have enough on my plate this year. But I seriously need to work on my fitness.



  15. I've resolved to write more. And not necessarily on this here blog (though I would like to accomplish that task as well). I've been neglecting my pretty blue Eva Peron journal as well, and I've found that I need the catharsis of putting pen to paper daily. It makes me a happier person, whether I am creating to-do lists, listing all of the things that are currently making me STABBY, or detailing the things that make my heart swell with gratitude. Talk soon!

7 comments:

Just Me said...

This all sounds very exciting. Sounds like Texas is treating you well so far....besides the tornado scare. You'll love the White Rock Half. I ran it last year, great race. I plan to do it again this year as well. Have fun!

Homevalley said...

Thanks! BTW, when would one be able to run outside here without dying of heat stroke?

In This Style said...

As an ex-Austinite (just moved back to California!) I can feel your pain with the heat & (even worse) the humidity. Austin is a sauna from May to November. It puts a huge damper on an otherwise awesome city. Oh, Texas.

Koos said...

Okay, I knew most of that, but yay for another race. I am hoping to do the Cherry Run with my bro next April. I hear its hard to get into, though, so we'll see.

Steph said...

Wow! Where do you get the energy?! I want some!

Glad you are all doing well out there. :) Thanks for the note a couple weeks ago.

xx

Sarah Kurpel said...

It sounds like you need one of these:
https://www.asseenontv.com/detail.php?p=296804

I'd love to/am terrified to move far, far away.

We were away in Myrtle Beach and stopped in plenty of place on the way back that would only call for a single income family.

Need more time.

Allie said...

So happy everything is going good! PA misses and loves you!