Things I am sick of this week:
- Chase credit cards.
- My post office.
- Finance charges.
- My “lovely” cube in Chelsea.
- Ceilings leaking toilet water.
- Relocating cubicles.
- Sitting next to the office fax machine.
- People who don’t know how to fax.
- People who ask me to help them fax.
- People with hacking coughs on the N train.
- Blog spam.
- Conference calls.
- Global warming.
Things that made this week slightly more bearable:
- Borat, and the Real JC.
- Buttery movie popcorn.
- A talk with my fabulous Far-Mor Stina.
- When Far-Mor said, during chat, “You and me: we will always be friends!”
- Imminent trip to Colorado.
- Daydreams of serene silence I will experience on Cheyenne Mountain.
- The closet door installed in the office.
- Cleaning out my hope chest.
- Rediscovering a copy of Bridget Jones on VHS in my hope chest.
- Acela hot dogs.
- Vladimir Nabokov.
- Aidan Shaw.
- The Philadelphia Eagles.
- The paper Gingerbread Man sent to me by sister Meghan. My mission is to show that Man around the city, then write a journal entry! And I’ll be damned if I don’t get that thing to the top of the Empire State Building!
- Chipotle. (How I love and hate you, simultaneously!)
It has been a trying few days for HomeValley, but things are improving. On Tuesday evening, J and I will be Denver-bound on a Frontier Airlines flight (yeah, I have never heard of that airline either) from Philadelphia. I have ambitious plans to post each day of our trip to detail our journey; but I may just climb a mountain, where I will sit for six straight days, contemplating life and enjoying the blissful, ubiquitous quiet, until a mountain lion inevitably attacks and devours me.
Just that kinda week, y’all.