Friday, February 26, 2010

Did We Ever Have a Chance?

I seriously can't believe Wheel of Fortune is still on television, or that I am watching it in my pajamas on a Friday night (read: my amazing throwback "THE Zack Attack 1992 World Tour" tee, courtesy of Vanessa). Dudes, who are these nerds? I think it is my new mission in life to become a contestant. Honestly, they have to be paying these people to come on at this point, no?

(All of this reminds me that I totally read Vanna White's autobiography when I was ten. My mother is a sucker for good ole celeb memoirs, and I guess she is not so discerning. I vaguely remember Vanna waxing poetic about crocheting, and lo.)

(What the fuck is this entry about?)

J is in Atlanta for the weekend, and I am luxuriating at home. So far this evening I have ordered a vegeterian burrito from here, and watched a spectacular episode of 90210, in which Brenda Walsh runs into "Reek" from Paris and has to pretend to be Brenda DuBois with the most horrific French accent in the history of the universe, then she dumps Dylan and then he goes and sticks his tongue down Kelly's throat. Also, Rosie O'Donnell makes a horrifying cameo to discuss Donna and David's sex life. Also, Zuckerman gets hit by a car and is confined to a wheelchair, which is hilarious because she was like 67 at the time of filming. Well-played, writers. The (awesome) end. I also took a long bath and finally read the compelling Vanity Fair piece on John Hughes, which only made me feel guilty, because apparently Hughes didn't stop writing until he quite literally dropped dead, and I can only manage two posts a week, let alone some best-selling chick lit. Boo.

(Oh my lands. Allen just totally geeked out after solving the puzzle and winning a trip to St. Lucia. He may explode with happiness. Where do they film this show?)

Tomorrow I take mah precious baby sisters to Manhattan for our annual theatre trip/ trek through the snowy goodness. We're seeing West Side Story. Lord, did I ever tell you how I almost was cast as Maria in our high school production? Well, in my mind I was. But really, I was about 5 inches taller than Tony. And decidedly Swedish-looking. And also, not the best singer. So they made me Graziella but she was just a lame Jet girlfriend. Come on. Those chicks couldn't compare to the Shark girls, who got to flit around singing awesome songs about America! What a giant slap in the face, Buddy.

(Oh shit: Allen just shouted "R!" when it was totally Joanne's turn, and Sajak was all, "I am going to ignore what you just said; it's Joanne's turn." DRAMA.)

And so I shall end this entry about nothing and bid you adieu. I have two episodes of The Tudors to watch - squee! - which means I shall fall into a Henry Cavill-induced reverie for the next several hours.

I am out like Zack Morris when he got too big for his britches and Bob Mackie started designing his costumes and then that bitch Mindy turned him into a male Madonna and he quit and had to run to the hospital to see Slater.

Night, y'all.

5 comments:

Lydia said...

ur blog is really interesting, while reading it I truly like it . I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website which is offering very unique features at cheap prices there are expert advertising team who will promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks which will definitely boost ur traffic & readers. Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & also shared to my friends.i think my friend might too like it hope u have a wonderful day & !!happy blogging!!.

Anonymous said...

We were HOT as Jet girls, Home Valley. Oooh...ooohbeelieee oooh!
Those were some quality lines my friend. I dare the gals who were cast as Maria and Anita to deliver them the way we did.

-Velma
AKA Mr. Patterson

Anonymous said...

oh cuzzy- that blog made my day! i caught the episode today where brenda and "reek" run into kelly and dylan at the restaurant and the "if it walks like a duck" bomb is dropped on the bimbo. how are you feeling dear preggy? hope we can get together soon

Sarah Kurpel said...

I couldn't even get through the first two weeks of Hello Dolly freshman year- God bless you for making it through to West Side.

Meaghan said...

Homevalley,

I just laughed until I cried. Seriously. I cackled like a hyena, possibly waking up MY baby... which you NEVER want to do. I am putting you away until later.

Hope everything goes well! Here's to a sweet, healthy, born just before the due date ninja whose birth is slippery-goldfish easy... Spend as much time as possible in hot water (bath or shower) during labor and you will be SHOCKED at how much more comfortable you are. (I just moved into crazy-unsolicited-advice-pseudo-stalker zone... time for bed.)